These new boats just took to the water as ramp up for 2011-2012 America’s Cup World Series.

What a brilliant idea from a self made billionaire who built his fortune with IT innovation. He uses the same innovation and tenacity to push sailboat racing in a new direction just as he did with corporate management.


Man: Larry Ellison

Corporation: Oracle

Management technique: demand 20% turnover in workforce every year.

Along with having fun following the new America’s Cup World Series, I find this example inspires me to fire 20% of my efforts every year in order to make the other 80% of my efforts perform their best. Every year.

Happy New Year.

Fair Winds, James

Leave a Reply